Friday, October 26, 2012

Spanish Tiles

Today I chose to do a study on Spanish tiles. Spanish tiles are an excellent example of how repetition can create unity within a single work.

I started by looking through some pictures of Spanish tiles that I found on Google. Once I saw how a few simple shapes on a tile could turn in to an intricate pattern when placed near each other, I was off to Illustrator with my Wacom tablet and pen. I came up with one design and started playing with colors. Here are a few examples:


Gold Pattern




I finally settled on a strictly white and blue tile to create the whole pattern. I think it came out looking kind of like snowflakes. Might make a for a fun pattern on something!




I really like how there came out! It would be fun to do some more designs sometime! For now, I will leave you with my blank Illustrator file to do with as you please as long as it is not used commercially without my approval first. Enjoy! Spanish Tile File



Creative Commons License
All original work by Lauren Myers is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment